How You Can Help
Sea turtles are completely harmless creatures. For millions of years, they have survived many of nature's dangers. It is only now, as human populations are soaring, that they are threatened by extinction. You can help by helping keep our oceans clean and healthy and by keeping the following in mind.
1. Please do not kill or harm turtles in any
2. Please do not take eggs from the turtles' nests.
3. Please do not sell or buy sea turtles (dead or live), their eggs, their meat, or any products made from turtle shells.
4. Please report any trade in turtles and turtle products to the nearest DENR office.
5. If you happen to come upon a live turtle with a metal tag attached to one of its flippers (those flat "legs"), please write down the following information:
not remove the tag if the turtle is alive.
Please report your find to the
Pawikan Conservation Project (PCP), to the DENR office nearest you, or to
Please inform the nearest DENR
Office in your area even if the turtle you find does not have a tag.
9. Please put your garbage into designated bins or containers. Plastic bags thrown into the ocean are a big threat to turtles because turtles often mistake them for jellyfish and try to eat them.
Please report any person engaged in
illegal, destructive fishing to the proper authorities.